We want to achieve certain milestones.
We write down these goals, and then make the daily efforts to hopefully achieve them one day. However, that typically doesn’t happen and we find ourselves in the same spot that we started in.
On today’s episode of Personal Development Without The Fluff, we are reframing our understanding of goal-setting. Often times, the personal development space will put great emphasis on the importance of setting goals. However, if we take a step back and acknowledge how we truly move through space and time, we see that this method doesn’t help us achieve our dreams.
Tune in to this conversation to learn how to initiate forward progress through energy, and not goal-setting.
The Cliff Notes:
- Hope disappears the moment you step up to perform the task
- Don’t create goals out of a place of lacking
- The waves you emit manifest and mirror the energy inside of you
- External goal-setting is like putting a band-aid on a cut that’s never going to heal itself
- Ask yourself: am I safe right now? Then, take note of how you feel answering that question
- The buffers you’ve placed between you and the world are killing your ability to feel
- Give your anxiety space to be, instead of reaching for external things to fix it
- Say thank you to your triggers, for they remind you of the things you’ve been avoiding
- Let the river move you instead of trying to figure out how to move the river