We’ve previously discussed aspects of parenting in our podcast on episode titled “Don’t Make Parenting Harder Than It Needs To Be,” but we all know parenting is forever a learning process. There is so much to take into account when we are dealing with the changes in culture from our generation to theirs.
Although we all have our own styles of parenting, there are some tools that can help any parent begin the process of building healthy or healthier relationships with our children.
That’s why on today’s episode of Personal Development Without The Fluff, we’ll be diving into practices that could potentially change your entire experience of raising a family.
Tune in to this episode as well as episode 174 to begin either developing a better relationship with your child or preparing yourself if you plan to have children in the future!“At the end of the day, I don’t care how amazing of a household you create and how good you are as parents… They’re receiving reality through their own filters and constructs.” - Guy & Ilan Ferdman
The Cliff Notes:
- Unconscious parenting is when you try to get your children to live the life you wish you lived.
- Conscious parenting is about nourishing your child to flourish in whatever direction they’re gravitated to.
- Your children are constantly watching and imitating the way you act and react to life.
- Competition is a culture that the new generations are seemingly detaching from.
- When we get frustrated at our children, it’s important to ask ourselves why we responded that way.
- To ask your child for forgiveness when you make mistakes is to show them that you are just as human as they are.
- Instead of being a parent to only tell your children what to do, consider being a parent that grows with your children.
- When children see that you’re unwilling to grow, they will imitate that behavior.